Benefits of Using a Scanning Service Bureau
What You Need to Know About Scanning Services
Let’s face it if you don’t have to do the work – that’s half the battle, the other half of course is getting value for what you pay for.
Here's a few tips
- Documents are preserved digitally – paper deteriorates over time
- Paper takes up too much space and has high costs for filing cabinets or external storage companies – up to 15,000 images (equivalent of a 4-drawer filing cabinet) can fit; on a single CD, more on a DVD.
- Cost reductions for general administration, as less time is spent on retrieving records.
- Reduced Costs of handling, storing and duplicating paper documents, and in some cases reproducing lost documents.
- Improved customer service by instantly locating and copying of documents, otherwise stored in filing cabinets or remote rooms or off site.
- Increased accessibility of your documents.
- Scanned documents can be instantly emailed or printed, even accessed by a remote user via the Internet.
- Improved internal efficiency by reducing the time your employees spend locating documents and files and increasing the time they spend with your customers.
- Information is found faster when images are OCR’ed into Work or Acrobat – instant retrieval of documents by word, phrase, or keyword.
- Can transmit to others via email or Fax.
- Portable, carry required documents on your laptop, thumb drive or DVD.
Several people can view a document at a time
- When files are exposed through an Internet Access – the data becomes accessible externally
- Able to recover from disaster by storing data in multiple locations inexpensively, and more.