- US Cancer Society web site hacked spreading extortion through a hole in Adobe
- Ontario Science Centre data breach, exposes 174,000 names and addresses
- Capital One massive data breach affects millions of Canadian and US credit card and 80,000 bank account users July 2019 – Cyber Scoop.
- Laying blame on employee in Desjardins data breach is ignoring the big picture , security experts say – itbusiness.ca
- Privacy breach by rogue tax workers at Canada Revenue Agency. CRM employees inappropriately accessed the information of 41,631 Canadians. Over 1,600 of the privacy breaches warranted CRA directly notifying the victims. – ctv news
- Data dumping extortion at CarePartners an Ontario based healthcare service provider. Theives offered hundreds of employee T4 files and over 80,000 confidential patient files for sale on the dark web!
- The photo sharing platform servers of 500px were hacked. This online marketplace for photographers recently reported the hack of its servers. The hack exposed information on 14.8 million users. The breach compromised personal information, however, passwords were encrypted, and the breach did not include payment data. – cnet.com
- Ransomware attack on the IT infrastructure at Olympia Financial Group the mortgage and trust firm. There’s no evidence of being compromised, Olympia said in a press release announcing its recovery from the hack.
- State sponsored spyware phishing campaign against Canadian Universities. Chinese hackers are targeting 27 universities across Canada, the United States, and Southeast Asia to uncover maritime technology that can be developed for military use. fortune.com
- The medical records of Natural Health Services the largest referral network of medical cannabis users was breached. Between Dec. 4, 2018 and Jan. 7, attackers gained access to the electronic medical records (EMR) system containing personal health information and exposed information included patient’s personal information, medical diagnoses, and referral data. No patient prescriptions, credit card information, or identity numbers were involved. calgary herald
- The laptop of a government employee NWT Department of Health and Social Services was stolen. The laptop contained private information of 40,000 Canadians. Unfortunately, the laptop was not encrypted. cbc
- Texas ransomware attack hits 22 municipalities, demands $2.5M. most of which appear to be smaller local governments. Search Security
- The Crown Corporation that manages Defence department projects and infrastructure has been hit with a cyber-attack
- DoorDash announced that hackers had stolen data on 4.9 million consumers, merchants, and “Dashers” who deliver food for the app
- Louisiana State Government Hit by Ransomware Attack Forcing Server Shutdowns
- Barclays, Lloyds, RBS and HSBC all hit by Travelex cyber attack
Recent Cyber Attacks & Breaches
© 2022 · Connectis Group.