One client needed to survey a population of high school students to determine their habits and attitudes in regards to personal activities and health. Although this client did know what questions to ask on the form, they didn’t want the clerical burden of managing to manually reading each form and manually recording the student responses into a database as the time component would be unbearable. Our solution was to take the clients survey questions and implement them into an automated capture system that would recognize the hand printing and marked choice bubbles completed by each student. After the paper form scanning, form recognition and correction process were completed a resulting database was exported with all the captured results for our client to analyze.
Document Automation for Patient Records, Insurance Claims, Compliance, Security & Document Retention are primary concerns for the Healthcare Service Industry
Managing excessive paper-based medical records is not for the faint of heart — especially when compliance violations can result in fines that well exceed seven figures. Healthcare organizations that employ a virtually “paperless” EMR or EHR solution may believe that they are immune to penalties but that’s simply not the case. Send a fax to the wrong person or leave a fax in whole or part at an unattended fax machine and you could be subject to costly fines. In fact, the number and amount of fines related to non-compliance in the US is at an all-time high. And then there’s healthcare where document automation is an ongoing process. HICFA, government forms, patient records etc. need to be captured, securely stored and retrieved based on access rights.
Collect Clinical trial data efficiently with data capture software that exports all data to SPSS and other databases and works with electronic forms for a multi-platform capture medium.
Healthcare Student Survey Capture
First Aid for Healthcare Companies – Claims Processing & Document Management
From major medical centers to specialized clinics, healthcare concerns around the world rely on MaxxVault to manage their critical information.
In this age of regulation, electronic management of data is increasingly important. Whether you’re trying to improve access to patient records or adhering to strict FDA requirements, MaxxVault can help.
MaxxVault provides solutions to small, medium and large companies in the healthcare services market. MaxxVault can be tailored for specific needs with a narrow feature set, expanded as needed to a full enterprise solution, or as a SaaS solution housed in our secure Shared Data Center. The goal is always the same: Reduce overhead costs by automating tasks and improving productivity.
Meaningful Use for EMR & Healthcare – FaxCore & RightFax
The HIPAA Act has changed the way health care organizations send, receive, and manage confidential information. Previous hard copy paper systems are considered insecure and a liability and therefore new alternatives for exchanging and tracking protected health information (PHI) are required.
HIPAA Compliance & Faxing
The primary objective of HIPAA is that health organizations have the infrastructure and procedures – administrative, technical and physical – that allow them to safeguard patient health information from any kind of exposure or disclosure to unauthorized parties when this information is required to be transmitted or delivered to authorized individuals.
HIPAA does not prohibit the use of fax machines to communicate PHI; however the information is subject to strict regulations that protect the privacy and security of the information both at the point of dispatch, during transit and at the point of delivery.
The security provisions of HIPAA require “reasonable” efforts to make sure that the information delivery via fax has been sent securely and was received securely and by the person intended. HIPAA makes a number of demands to ensure that patient health information is properly protected. These, in relation to security and privacy, include:
- All fax machines are to be placed in a secure area and are not generally accessible.
- Only authorized personnel are to have access and security measures should be provided to ensure that this occurs.
- Destination numbers are verified before transmission.
- Recipients are notified that they have been sent a fax.
- Include a cover-sheet clearly stating that the fax contains confidential health information, is being sent with the patient’s authorization, should not be passed on to other parties without express consent; and should be destroyed if not received by the intended recipient.
- Any patient data should be in the fax body and not in any of the data fields.
- Maintain a copy of the confirmation sheet of the fax transmission, including the necessary data such as time and recipient’s number.
- Confirm fax delivery by phoning the recipient.
- Received faxes are to be stored in a secure location.
- Maintain transmission and transaction log summaries.
HIPAA Compliance & Faxing
Why Traditional Faxing Methods are Problematic
Although HIPAA does not prohibit patient health information from being faxed to authorized recipients, manual faxing is fraught with security issues that would certainly prevent health organizations from being compliant with HIPAA strict requirements.
With manual faxing, there are a number of risks:
- Incoming faxes need to be removed immediately from the output tray and distributed to the recipient to reduce the chance of an inappropriate use or disclosure.
- Any pre-programmed fax numbers need to be validated periodically and regular fax recipients contacted regularly to ensure that the number has not changed.
- The destination fax machine may be in a secure location but may still be accessible to a number of people.
- The information in hard copy must be filed securely.
Why Fax Software is the Solution
Address all of your information compliance and faxing needs through a single secure fax software solution. All of our products can meet HIPAA compliance and information security in a simple and easy manner while allowing the organization to cut down on excess systems and equipment and ultimately cut faxing costs.
Resolve Issues with MaxxVault including
- Confidentiality: Security so only authorized individuals see patient health information.
- Auditing: Provide a record of patient health information disclosures.
- Access: System users only have access to information they are authorized to see.
- Disaster Recovery: Patient health information documents are backed up electronically for offsite disaster recovery.
- Workflow Distribution: Streamline business practices with electronic distribution and safeguards to ensure
documents reach the correct person and are processed within your defined time constraints.
- Scanning: Eliminate the need for costly paper file storage, access files almost instantly, and reduce printing, copying and shopping costs.
- Real-time Reporting: Immediate processing statistics and management reports providing managers and supervisors with reports for making decisions thereby improving productivity and preventing errors.
Claims Processing with MaxxVault
Processing claims quickly will lower costs and make your customers happier. MaxxVault enhances your business by putting all the relevant documentation associated with a claim at the fingertips of your processors, moving claims quickly through the system according to your business rules. Scanning documents to MaxxVault ensures that your staff does not have to spend any time searching for supporting documentation; the risk of lost or misplaced files is effectively eliminated. With immediate access to documents, determining the validity of a claim has never been faster, which allows processors to quickly process codes and treatment plans. Managers can also quickly uncover processing bottlenecks and immediately re-route claims to other processors at any location around the world. Faster review makes for happier customers as doctors are paid sooner and their patients receive access to secondary or specialist care more quickly.
From an administration point of view, storing documents electronically in MaxxVault increases document security and helps simplify regulatory compliance. With MaxxVault, only employees with security credentials can access documents. Access can be further controlled, including restricting the ability to print, e-mail or make changes to the document. In addition, each document and user’s entire activity history is recorded for auditing purposes.
Simplify and improve your business by trusting MaxxVault to manage your documents. Processing claims can be easier.
- Streamline claims and enrollment workflow processes
- Reduce paper storage, copying and printing cost
- Documents linked to claims processing system for instant access/reference
- HIPAA compliance through strict access security to patient data
- Aid in meeting quality standards
- Efficient agent activity monitoring process
- Claim status monitoring in real time
- Accelerates Receivables
- Workflow process routes electronic documents through verification, coding and billing
- HIPAA compliance providing required patient data security
- Reduce cost associated with copying, faxing and courier service
- Tie related documents together
Accelerate Scheduling & Registration Process
- Immediate access to patient information
- One-time patient data collection and verification process
- HIPAA compliance by protecting patient data
- Bar coding to enhance medical records processing
- Improved release of information request
- Compliance management with document tracking and security
- Audit trail to demonstrate regulatory compliance
What Our Customers Say
I am writing to just say thank you. We recently purchased FaxCore and are very happy with the results. I spent nearly 6 months trying to find a decent fax solution, and it appears that my search was finally successful. More than that, I wanted to let you know that Jazz was probably the best sales rep I have had the pleasure to work with in years. He went way above and beyond my expectations and made this process as painless as was possible. Your support team was also incredible throughout the trial and install of our production server. So again, thank you for a great experience.
J.T. Commerce MortgageIT Director
Connectis has been great to work with. The support team understands our processes and promptly addresses any concerns or issues we have. I found their support staff to be courteous and have deep product knowledgeable which made the implementation a pleasant experience.
M.D. Algoma Public HealthDirector IT
It took a while to find a company that could really implement our document automation needs. We hooked up with Connectis, they’re specialists and took the time to understand our requirements on the first call and put together a license and services package that did the job. I will definitely seek out their advice when I need them again.
M.K. National Bank of CdaProject Manager
Connectis implemented a solution that automated the processing of delivery notices and invoicing. We reduced data entry labor and saved lots of admin time, which we are now able to divert to more productive tasks and have substantial cash flow benefits. The Proof of Delivery automation reduced the number of staff needed, saved us lots of admin time and reduced our risk exposure.
D.D. Parmalat DairiesNational Manager Route Accounting
Thanks to you & your team for the great & professional support extended during the RightFax Fax over IP project & MFP integration with RightFax. It’s a pleasure to work with a firm which not only understands & manages our requests, but also adds value through knowledge & experience. I must say it’s nice to deal with a company that has such friendly support.
G.G. Spicers CdaRightFax Administrator
Now that TeleForm and LiquidOffice are working together, we’ve been able to transform our traditional paper intensive capture process to an automated electronic one. Key information is automatically read from paper and electronic forms faster and more accurately than we could before, reducing cycle times by as much as 75%. We’re pleased with Connectis’ implementation and support services and the software’s performance and scalability.
A.G. Ottawa Heart Research InstituteIT Administrator