How to Backup and Restore TeleForm Forms
TeleForm is a powerful document and data capture software application that reads the content from documents that have been scanned or received originally as a fax.
If you’ve been using TeleForm for any length of time, you’ve probably built a lot of form templates. Have you ever wondered how you can back up your form templates, dictionaries, system settings and other key global content from your TeleForm system without bringing in the IT staff? Well I’m going to show you how to run a useful utility that’ll do just that. This is a great utility to use when you’re moving computers or upgrading your operating system or just concerned about losing the form templates that you’ve invested hours to configure. By the way, this is not touching your captured meta-data from your SQL Server or other export database destinations.
System Backup with TeleForm Migrate Utility (Snapshot)
- Before performing the backup, shut down all the TeleForm applications on all workstation.
- All remaining batches in Verifier must be exported
- Remaining batches will not be a part of Backup
- Browse the TeleForm installation directory on your computer.
- Search for the executable file.exe
- Double click or Run as Administrator, will open new window.
- From the Operation Panel, Select Save Snapshot
- Select what you want to back up.
- Press Start Button,
- A browse window comes up asking for a location and name to store as a zipped file to be created.
Reverse the Process to Restore a Snapshot
- Once again, shut down all the TeleForm modules
- Locate the exe as you did in step 5 above
- Launch the app as an Administrator.
- From the Operation Panel – Select – Restore Snapshot
- Browse to the location of ZIP file you saved using the steps above
- And you’re done, everything will be restored. I’d suggest you open the Templates to confirm everything is as you’d expect, but it should be fine.