Microsoft 365 Subscribers Needs Additional Security Coverage
Working From Home
The lockdown due to Coronavirus Pandemic has impacted the lives of people around the world. The restrictions on travel and public gatherings have changed the daily routines of millions. Here in the Americas, the outbreak continues to affect everyone. Many workers are confined to their homes, working on their personal PCs or corporate laptops connected to their home wifi and VPNs. Consequently, Microsoft 365, formerly Microsoft Office 365 license subscribers and usage has sky-rocketed.
Why You & Microsoft 365 Need Better Protection
Microsoft 365 brings together best-in-class Office apps and intelligent cloud services. It connects employees to the people, information, and content they need to transform collaboration and improve productivity. Their tools are popular among not only businesses but at-home users as well. Most of us can’t imagine a PC without Microsoft’s applications. Microsoft 365’s userbase is now estimated to be over 1.2 billion. However, Microsoft is not an expert in counteracting potentially dangerous applications, malware research, traffic filters, etc.
It may be hard to believe, but Microsoft’s built-in security controls only offer a basic level of protection. This has made your favorite tools of Microsoft 365 exposed to cyber attacks as a data-rich environment to pillage. During the last couple of months, many companies have reported an increase in phishing attacks on Microsoft 365.
Let’s look at a few reasons why Microsoft 365 requires an extra layer of protection:
- OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Teams are trusted communication and file transfer apps. Making these apps an attractive carrier for malware delivery within your enterprise.
- Native security controls within Microsoft 365 work with delays that cannot be predicted.
- Lack of protection to cloud-oriented enterprises from ransomware, malicious attachments, spam, Business Email Compromise (BEC), and unknown threats.
- Phishing attack on Outlook is a conduit to delivering malware and ransomware to your network. While only 4% of users actually click a malicious link, this is more than enough to let the threats in.
Advanced Security for Microsoft 365 services
For full protection, you need an additional layer of security protect against the known, the unknown, and other advanced threats to your Microsoft 365 services.
Connectis Group, along with Kaspersky, provides advanced security services. Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365 protects Exchange Online, OneDrive, and office suite apps, including SharePoint and Teams from ransomware, phishing, and other advanced threats.
Some benefits include:
- The anti-malware engine immediately detect advanced threats to all apps with signature-based protection, heuristic, and behavioral analysis – not found in M365.
- Applies a mix of proven methods, such as SPF, DKIM, and DMARC with progressive anti-phishing and deep learning to filter out threats before users can make a mistake – not found in M365.
- Acknowledges the diversity of enterprise security scenarios. Thus it comprehensively scans all inbound, outbound, and internal mail traffic as well as files stored on corporate OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Teams for threats.
- Like Microsoft Office 365, Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365 is hosted in the cloud. It connects instantly to the existing Office 365 infrastructure using all the current security features of Office 365, like multi-factor authentication. It guarantees hassle-free integration and doesn’t delay email delivery.
One of the key benefits of partnering with Connectis Group to enable Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365 is to have access to a bench of experienced network security experts. We understand your enterprise doesn’t have the time to keep up with the latest phishing scams and cyber threats. Connectis Group will help you to assess your current level of cyber risk, apply immediate patches, and implement security measures. We support continuous monitoring of your network for new breaches or attacks. We provide a wide range of cyber services ranging from Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Testing, Data Loss Prevention, Data Centre Security Assessment, and a broad spectrum of regulatory compliance services such as ISO 27001 and GDPR.