If you want to virtualize RightFax with Fax over IP (FoIP), get upgrades, migrate a server or integrate with just about any system you can think of (including SAP, Office 365, SharePoint, EquiTrac, Exchange, Notes, Cisco, Avaya, Nortel etc.) – we’ve been doing it for years. Contact our team of experts, we’ll help you determine if secure cloud Internet fax or an on premise solution is best for your needs. RightFax is the industry leader and Connectis is the #1 provider for accurate, on time, on budget RightFax implementations, whether you need Cloud, PRI, SIP, FoIP or Gateway solutions.
RightFax Training to Suit Your Needs
- Boot Camp: 3 day Training for Administrators & Users at Connectis location, complete with 125+ page training manual document, 10+ practical labs, lunch included. Laptop required.
- Per Diem: Connectis will engage with your team using GoToMeeting to provide lecture style training for your team. Clients can conveniently participate from anywhere in the world. Fees are based on our daily rate, not per user.
- A la Carte Training: Perfect for clients that need training on a specific topic for a limited engagement of time. Services are provided based on your unique needs
All training is provided by certified RightFax Technicians with years of practical real-world experience. Give us a call to discuss registration fees, dates & payment options.
What's New in RightFax 16 EP 4
OpenText™ RightFax™, RightFax 16 Enhancement Pack 4, is full of new features, functionality and add-on-modules designed to simplify your environment, add new visibility to traffic and improve the administrative and user experience.
Key release highlights include:
- RightFax Secure FoIP channels – When utilizing Fax over IP (FoIP), the new RightFax Secure FoIP channels secures and encrypts fax traffic within the firewall. This new channel option introduces support for TLS over SIP, where TLS provides endpoint authentication by using mutual or two-way authentication on a hop-by-hop basis
- RightFax Archive – RightFax Archive is a new add-on module to RightFax installations that provides an integrated archiving tool that allows administrators to maintain their fax content within the RightFax system without degrading the performance of RightFax or the use of third party or separate archiving tools.
- Web-based user client – RightFax FaxUtil Web is designed to provide a full-featured, web-based user experience that offers all the functionality of RightFax FaxUtil, but as a thin client that eliminates the administrative burden of managing a Windows-based RightFax user client.
- RightFax eBusiness License – This release introduces new functionality that allows organizations to privately share their server capacity with other business entities and affiliates through “Exclusive Groups” available with the RightFax eBusiness License. The RightFax eBusiness License allows organizations to provide fax services with included privacy for an unlimited number of affiliate business partners.And much more!
Check out the different Server Capabilities & Add-On Modules
OpenText Certified Hybrid Faxing for RightFax
RightFax hybrid cloud fax solution provides full use of the features and functionality and all of the deep integration’s provided by RightFax – plus the ease and flexibility of the cloud. By deploying RightFax Connect you’ll continue using RightFax as you always have (same app installed on your server), however you can reduce your channel count and ongoing maintenance fee as a result and eliminate the burden of managing the telephony yourselves – BIG SAVINGS. This hybrid solution can integrate cloud fax delivery with any business application, whether it’s email, ERP, ECM, CRM or EMR systems.
Keep it Simple
Connecting RightFax to the telephone network is often the most complicated step in implementing an on-premises enterprise fax server deployment. RightFax Connect simplifies every a RightFax deployment and eliminates the time and cost of configuring, troubleshooting and implementing of fax boards, gateways, capacity planning, channels, and phone lines for a RightFax deployment.
- RightFax Connect doesn’t require fax boards, additional fax channels, media gateways, PRI/T1/E1 lines, analog phone lines, and nor complex PBX integrations
- Combine cloud-based fax delivery with RightFax server for an end-to-end hybrid fax solution for RightFax
- No capacity planning required. RightFax Connect scales automatically to provide capacity for large fax volumes, including bursts and peaks
- No change to the user experience. All integrations, including back-end systems and email, remain the same. Users can fax right from email, RightFax FaxUtil and RightFax Web Client with no change to the user experience. And you get to keep your existing fax numbers.
Speed is perhaps the single most important reason for moving to cloud. The time taken to integrate, implement and configure RightFax fax servers with a telephone infrastructure is generally measured in weeks, while a company could get RightFax with RightFax Connect up and running within a matter of hours.
This is the perfect option for organizations that want to eliminate the complexity of integrating a telephone network with their fax server software. No resources are needed to monitor or maintain the telephone connections with your fax server software – OpenText will do it for you. RightFax with RightFax Connect is a fast and easy solution for any organization.
Another important reason to move any service to the cloud is flexibility. RightFax Connect provides flexible, instant capacity when your company needs it. Send and receive large volumes of faxes without capacity constraints. No more missed or delayed faxes due to busy signals or channel congestion. Do you send or receive large batches of faxes in a short period of time? Seasonal purchase orders, end of month invoices and sales reports can be very large volume fax transmissions. RightFax Connect instantly responds to fax volume needs and easily handles peaks or bursts of fax traffic, either inbound or outbound.
Security is vital with any fax solution. Enterprises must ensure that any sensitive, confidential information sent or received as a fax remains private. The connection between RightFax Connect and RightFax supports a number of secure communication protocols, including VPN, IPSec, TLS/SSL, and HTTPS to protect customer data in transit.
As the worldwide market leader in fax services, OpenText takes security and privacy very seriously. Annual examinations of the OpenText datacenters and IT controls are performed by an independent auditing firm based on the SOC2 framework by AICPA.
The strict security measures of OpenText RightFax Connect helps you meet regulatory compliance requirements by ensuring your faxes remain private, secure, confidential and traceable.
Data sovereignty is also a concern for many organizations. What is data sovereignty? Data sovereignty is the concept that enterprise information is subject to the laws of the country where it physically resides—laws that may define who has access to (and even ownership of) that information. The hybrid option protects your fax data and provides data sovereignty by granting you full control over where your data resides (at the location of your fax server), even when the telephony portion is in the cloud. You retain full ownership of all your content– you control your fax images and the fax metadata. When using RightFax Connect, the data lives on your server in the location of your choice and is protected by whatever privacy laws exist in that jurisdiction.
RightFax Connect eliminates telephone lines, long distance charges, fax boards, fax gateways, fax channels and channel maintenance contracts, redundant telephone connections and other expenses related to connecting RightFax to a telephone infrastructure.
With over twenty points of presence across the globe, OpenText is able to efficiently and cost effectively route your fax traffic to optimize cost savings for outbound transactions. And because RightFax Connect is fast and easy to implement, eliminate the time it takes for IT to configure, troubleshoot and maintain the telephone integration with your fax server.
Support agreements are not in jeopardy when using RightFax Connect, and all of your integration’s remain in tact – unchanged. Once connected to this Internet based service you won’t need your current Telco lines, RightFax channels no longer become an issue which can reduce your overall support costs to OpenText. The 99.98% up-time is your guarantee for reliable uninterrupted service
RightFax has a number of flexible fax server options which help your business automate fax, improve employee productivity, and save money-regardless of your size or need. Designed to grow as you grow and accommodate your changing business needs, RightFax has the right-sized server or deployment option to redefine and modernize fax and secure information exchange within your company.
Business Server is the workhorse of small to mid-size companies with a higher level of fax need. No matter what your business does, Business Server is a safe investment because it can grow with you. Supports up to 30 fax lines and unlimited users, multiple integrations, and optional add-ons.
Enterprise Server is designed for national or global companies that require Enterprise-wide fax capabilities, including business continuity. Multiple enterprise fax servers work together to provide a network that integrates with the unique systems of your large business. Supports extremely high volumes, advanced integrations, and additional add-on modules.
Enterprise Suite delivers the same functionality and compatibilities as Enterprise Server, but includes even more add-on modules as a discounted bundle.
With Enterprise Integration, we have done the work for you and bundled all of our best features into one comprehensive fax and document distribution solution. Enterprise Integration offers a comprehensive suite of RightFax connectors and add-on modules.
Branch Office Server
Branch Office Server is ideal for smaller operations, departments or branch offices that need to be able to manage their documents independently, even in the case of a failure at a central data hub. Supports up to 4 fax lines and 100 users.
- Microsoft Exchange & Lotus Notes Connector
- PDF Module & Searchable PDF Module
- Shared Services Module
- RightFax Analytics
- Image High Availability
- Web Administrative Portal
- Remote DocTransport Appliance
- MFP Module
- Integration Module
- Business Integration
- RightFax Vault
- Document Management Connector
- SAP, Oracle, FileNet P8 Connector
- Bar Code Routing
- XML Generator
- Encryption Module
- Internet Connector
- Secure Docs
Check out the different Server Capabilities & Add-On Modules
Get a complete view of your RightFax™ transaction history to access, analyze, and identify system performance, volume statistics, and delivery information.
Applying Analytics to Faxing Operations
With the global reach of modern businesses, the need for analytics has never been greater. Applying analytics to OpenText™ RightFax delivers on this front and allows you to visualize the data and trends required to improve efficiencies and profitability.
Easy access to meaningful data enables quick evaluation of the state of messaging activity, allowing you to:
- Monitor and investigate messaging activity for mission critical applications
- Understand enterprise use and trends for faxing
- Identify and react to messaging bottlenecks
- Observe and respond to unacceptable message delivery rates
Available through the RightFax web administration console, RightFax Analytics provides a quick-view dashboard that visually conveys data for up to one year of data in all 3 categories:
- Fax Volume Counts: Summarizes total fax counts.
- Fax Page Counts: Summarizes total fax pages.
- Send Attempts: View the success and failure rates for faxes, including the ability to see first call success rate, failure rate and detailed failure reason.
- Easy and fast access to fax volume, page counts and send attempt information
- Make better business decisions with deeper insights into transactions and performance trends
- Identify exceptions earlier, allowing corrective action to be taken sooner and to prevent messaging delays
- Collaborate more closely with key stakeholders on user and application faxing performance
Integrate your MFPs from popular manufacturers with RightFax to improve productivity and definitely save money.
Full MFP Integration with RightFax
Organizations that want the benefits of a tightly integrated, feature rich and interactive user solution between their MFP and RightFAX will have advanced capabilities including:
- Log in at the device for access to personal or shared cover sheets, address books, billing codes, library documents, advanced notification options, fax traffic tracking, plus more
- Supports Single Sign On and badge swipe (if equipped)
- Full auditability of fax traffic by user
- as well as the features in the Universal Integration method
There are RightFax connectors for:
- Konica Minolta
- and 3rd party connector for Canon
Universal Integration with SMTP or XML*
Organizations implementing the universal integration method with RightFax can enable virtually any MFP make or model. This provides a partial integration between RightFax and the MFP device, with limited functionality including:
- Send faxes quickly & securely via SMTP-based scan-to-email integration
- Single Sign On functionality (if equipped)
- Customizable cover sheets, add notes, etc to outgoing faxes
- Print-back notifications and confirmations
*XML-based integration is built for Manufacturers, their Dealers and Professional Services organizations and comes with a toolkit for quickly and easily deploying the integration
Each RightFax Server provides a comprehensive set of electronic fax and document delivery features and benefits that make it easy to use and manage for midsize companies, departments and work groups and includes:
- Includes 1 channel license
- Can be FoIP enabled
- 30 channels max. capacity for Business Server only.
- Network wide desktop faxing: Send & receive documents directly from desktop applications from built-in RightFax client or Web browsers.
- Email Integration: Send, receive and manage faxes directly from Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)-compliant email
- Library documents: Store frequently faxed documents in a special fax document library for quick, easy retrieval.
- Phonebooks: Store frequently used fax numbers and groups in a single location for easy retrieval.
- Immediate or scheduled delivery: Enhance service levels with instantaneous document delivery or reduce costs by scheduling delivery for off-peak telephone rates.
- Anywhere, Anytime Web Access: Increase productivity of mobile workers by providing remote fax access via the Web.
- Inbound Routing: Route inbound fax documents efficiently and securely to recipients via Direct Inward Dialing (DID), Dual-tone Multiple-frequency (DTMF), Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS), Caller Service Identification (CSID), Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and other supported inbound routing methods
Get rid of fax machines and fax from email
How long does it take you to send an email with an attachment? You can do the same with fax from that same email application. It is sent from within any email application, AS A FAX, to any fax machine around the world. And it’s transmitted without the risk of hackers, viruses, or malicious spyware. Faxes are sent from email securely and quickly, and you only have to literally lift a finger.
In today’s tech-savvy business world, faxing doesn’t often come up as cutting-edge technology. But we think it should.
RightFax makes faxing by email quick and easy within tight integrations with Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes. It also works with your email in the cloud, including Google Apps, and Microsoft Office 365 or any other SMTP-based email application.
Using RightFax, you can send and receive faxing right within your email client to easily view, file, archive, and search just like any other email, making them easy to retrieve and manage weeks, months, or even years after creation.
Sending and receiving paper business documents is costly, slow, not secure, and difficult to track. People spend hours shuffling to and from printers and fax machines, waiting in line, retrying, and filing send confirmations.
How it Works
From the point of view of the user (you), it behaves exactly like a regular email transaction. All the “magic” happens behind the scenes using RightFax cutting-edge fax technology. Using RightFax to fax by email will not require you to learn new information or retrain your workforce. Sending a fax is as easy as sending an email.
With RightFax, emails become faxes, giving you all the benefits of fax including security, audit trail, and proof of delivery. Fax and email are unquestionably two of the most effective tools ever developed for exchanging information, and now you can use them together to fax right from the desktop, eliminating fax machines altogether.
The RightFax Connector for Microsoft Exchange will turn your documents into faxes at the click of a single button built into the toolbar you already use. You don’t have to format the address line in your message, just press the fax button.
The RightFax Connector for IBM Notes lets you choose from one of three levels of integration to suit your fax needs and your IT policies. Like every other RightFax email integration, the IBM Notes integration can be fully customized by company, by use, and by individual fax. RightFax can handle the volumes and mail accounts of even the largest Notes shops.
OpenText has placed RightFax 10.6 on a “Sustaining Maintenance” status, effective November, 2018. Sustaining Maintenance is a support status that doesn’t participate in development activities, service releases or patches. Connectis will continue to support our customers, as long as you have a Connectis Support Plan.
- RightFax 16 EP4 – Supported until July 2023
- RightFax 16 EP2 – Supported until July, 2022
- RightFax 10.6 – Supported until November, 2018
- RightFax 10.5 – Supported until NOVEMBER 11, 2016
- RightFax 10.0 – Supported until July 17, 2015
- RightFax 9.4 – Supported until May 31, 2014
- RightFax 9.0 – Not Supported – End of life October 1, 2009
- RightFax 8.7 – Not Supported – End of life September 1, 2008
- RightFax 8.5 – Not Supported – End of life February 17, 2006
- RightFax 8.0 – Not Supported – End of life September 30, 2004
- In Canada & the US: for TeleForm & LiquidOffice Technical Support call the OpenText Response Centre at (800) 540-7292
- If you are a returning customer you can directly to My Support at https://login.opentext.com/connect/sso_controller-main?cams_login_config=http&cams_original_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.opentext.com%3A443%2F&cams_security_domain=system&cams_reason=7 to download your software.
- For assistance locating your software downloads, please refer to the product finder tutorial here https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/47696369
- To obtain Technical Support for RightFax, RightFax Connect or Fax2Mail dial (800) 540-7292 or 519-888-9933 between the hours: 08:30 – 20:00 EST Monday – Friday.
- RightFax Tech Support Knowledge Base Portal
- Your call or e-mail will be answered by a local CSR team member. The CSR team will log & track support requests, assigning a priority classification and then dispatching the support request to the appropriate support center.
- When opening a ticket, provide the Customer Service Representative with your:
- Company Name
- Product & Version
- SUID / Product ID / System Serial #
- Operating System
- Detail the issue, include applicable error messages & screen shots, etc.
- You’ll be given a ticket # to track your support request.
If you have a current Maintenance & Support Plan, you’re entitled to a free upgrade to the current version. Contact Connectis to learn how to download your upgrade.
- Vendors don’t provide onsite support.
- Vendor maintenance & support is required during year 1 of your initial purchase.
- Unlimited long distance phone support is provided to both clients directly and Connectis on behalf of the client when a vendor maintenance plan is purchased.
- Vendors will not provide support to Connectis on behalf of clients who’s contract has lapsed.
- Vendors provide new version upgrades, patches, point releases when requested during the maintenance period.
- Service times are dependent on the contract level of service purchased.
- Vendor services are limited to currently supported versions.
- Pricing fees vary and are based on quantity of products in use + level of service required.
Connectis Welcome Letter
Your support entitles you to unlimited technical support calls during the hours listed below and unlimited version upgrades and point releases during the contract.
The Knowledge Center is the official source for OpenText software downloads.
The Knowledge Center (KC) is the official source for OpenText software downloads. To determine which OpenText software you should download from the KC, please refer to the packing slip that was emailed to your invoicing contact. The packing slip contains a KC Download column which indicates if the software is available to download from the Knowledge Center. The letter Y indicates that the software is available to download from the Knowledge Center. The letter N indicates that the software is not available to download from the Knowledge Center and will be sent to you as a physical shipment.
A KC account has been created for you to access your software download(s). You will receive a separate email that contains details on your account and instructions on how to activate it. If you have not received this in an email from OpenText, it may be because it was caught by your junk email filter and moved to your junk email folder. If the email is not in your junk email folder, please contact OpenText Customer Support for assistance.
If you already have a Knowledge Center account, please use your current username and password.
- If the product you ordered is not shipped as physical media (CD or DVD), please download the software from My Support at https://knowledge.opentext.com/go/downloads to download software.
- **If you are having trouble logging into the Knowledge Center, click here https://www.opentext.com/about/contact-us to contact a support office nearest you.
- Locate your Product From the KC home page, click the A-Z Look Up tab. Click the corresponding letter for the software you want to download.
- Browse by product name to locate your product page on the KC. From the product page, click Downloads to view a list of downloads available for that product. If a Downloads folder does not exist, then your product may not be available to download.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for, refer to the KC Product Look Up https://login.opentext.com/connect/sso_controller-main?sys_action=signin_kc&cams_security_domain=system&cams_login_config=http&cams_original_url=http%3A%2F%2Fknowledge.opentext.com%3A80%2Fknowledge%2Fcs.dll%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D16562172%26objAction%3Dbrowse table for the new product name. If you still can’t find your product, contact your local Customer Support office https://www.opentext.com/about/contact-us for assistance.
- Downloading Software Some software downloads are ISO 9660 images or zip files. Please ensure that you remove any other file name extension that might get added by the browser such as *.bin. Downloading the file with the incorrect file extension will affect the functionality. Instructions for creating and verifying software images are available at the following URL: https://login.opentext.com/connect/sso_controller-main?sys_action=signin_kc&cams_security_domain=system&cams_login_config=http&cams_original_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.opentext.com%3A443%2Fsecuredl%2Fcsauth.aspx%3Fcams_original_url%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fmimage.opentext.com%252fsupport%252fecm%252fsecure%252fsoftware%252fchecksuminstructions.html
Phone Support Monday - Friday
- Prior to calling, have your product version and serial number handy.
- For support call Open Text Support 800-540-7292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standard Support hours of operation are 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM EST Excluding holidays
- Clients have access to unlimited phone support and software upgrades during the term of the maintenance agreement.
If there are any supported components of your current RightFax environment (modules, channels, hardware, etc.) that you NO LONGER plan to use and/or support, you must ‘decommission’ those products at least 90 days before your contract expiration date. If these products are not decommissioned at least 90 days prior to your contract expiring, you will be charged for another full year of support on these products. Please contact us as soon as you wish to decommission products. We can assist you with the required paperwork and will submit your decommission request to OpenText.
It is critical that you renew your support contract on time. OpenText imposes a 3% late-penalty (of the total cost of your renewal) that begins the day after a Support Contract expires, and an additional 3% every 30 days a contract remains expired. Please renew your contract before it expires to avoid these costly penalties!
Applying Analytics to Faxing Operations
Thank you for purchasing your Maintenance and Support Services Agreement from Connectis Group, your trusted advisor - we appreciate your business! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact OpenText at https://login.opentext.com/connect/sso_controller-main?cams_login_config=http&cams_original_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.opentext.com%3A443%2F&cams_security_domain=system&cams_reason=7 call 800-540-7292 or call Connectis Group at905.695.2200.
What Our Customers Say
Thanks to you & your team for the great & professional support extended during the RightFax Fax over IP project & MFP integration with RightFax. It’s a pleasure to work with a firm which not only understands & manages our requests, but also adds value through knowledge & experience. I must say it’s nice to deal with a company that has such friendly support.
G.G. Spicers CdaRightFax Administrator
It took a while to find a company that could really implement our document automation needs. We hooked up with Connectis, they’re specialists and took the time to understand our requirements on the first call and put together a license and services package that did the job. I will definitely seek out their advice when I need them again.
M.K. National Bank of CdaProject Manager
Connectis implemented a solution that automated the processing of delivery notices and invoicing. We reduced data entry labor and saved lots of admin time, which we are now able to divert to more productive tasks and have substantial cash flow benefits. The Proof of Delivery automation reduced the number of staff needed, saved us lots of admin time and reduced our risk exposure.
D.D. Parmalat DairiesNational Manager Route Accounting
I am writing to just say thank you. We recently purchased FaxCore and are very happy with the results. I spent nearly 6 months trying to find a decent fax solution, and it appears that my search was finally successful. More than that, I wanted to let you know that Jazz was probably the best sales rep I have had the pleasure to work with in years. He went way above and beyond my expectations and made this process as painless as was possible. Your support team was also incredible throughout the trial and install of our production server. So again, thank you for a great experience.
J.T. Commerce MortgageIT Director
Now that TeleForm and LiquidOffice are working together, we’ve been able to transform our traditional paper intensive capture process to an automated electronic one. Key information is automatically read from paper and electronic forms faster and more accurately than we could before, reducing cycle times by as much as 75%. We’re pleased with Connectis’ implementation and support services and the software’s performance and scalability.
A.G. Ottawa Heart Research InstituteIT Administrator
Connectis has been great to work with. The support team understands our processes and promptly addresses any concerns or issues we have. I found their support staff to be courteous and have deep product knowledgeable which made the implementation a pleasant experience.
M.D. Algoma Public HealthDirector IT