If you need to virtualize RightFax with Fax over IP (FoIP), get upgrades, migrate a server or integrate with just about any system you can think of (including SAP, Office 365, SharePoint, EquiTrac, Exchange, Notes, Cisco, Avaya, Nortel etc.) – we’ve been doing it for years. Contact our support team for fast courteous answers – we’ll help you determine if secure cloud Internet fax or an on premise solution is best for your needs. RightFax is the industry leader and Connectis is the best provider for accurate, on time, on budget RightFax implementations, whether you need Cloud, PRI, SIP, FoIP or Gateway solutions.
RightFax Fax Server v16 EP4 On Premise, Cloud or Hybrid fax solution
RightFax Experts since 1995
We're the ONLY CERTIFIED RightFax VAR in Canada
if it's experience you're looking for, we've completed hundreds of RightFax implementations and provide prompt professional services. We hope you'll trust us with your next fax server upgrade project.
- Facilitated by qualified experienced RightFax Administrator Instructor
- Per Diem, Distance, Onsite or Boot Camp Training
- Boot Camp 3 day Training for Administrators & Users
- Custom Training also available upon based on your unique needs
- Call 905.695.2200 for Student fees, to register or discuss dates & payment options
What's New in RightFax 16 EP 4
The latest release of OpenText™ RightFax™, RightFax 16 Enhancement Pack 2, is packed full of new features, functionality and add-on-modules designed to simplify your environment, add new visibility to traffic and improve the administrative and user experience.
Key release highlights include:
- OpenText RightFax Analytics – a new add-on module that provides a comprehensive view of fax history for RightFax, enabling companies to easily access, analyze, and identify system performance, volume statistics, and delivery information.
- OpenText RightFax Image High Availability – a new add-on module that allows administrators to leverage SQL for both their transactions and image repository. This reduces the complexity of their RightFax environment, eliminates separate hard disk space or separate image directory locations, and utilizes an existing SQL infrastructure for image storage high availability.
- OpenText RightFax Remote DocTransport Server – a new piece of hardware that allows organizations to extend their fax presence to remote offices and locations. Acting as a physical extension of a RightFax environment, this simplifies the connection to a central RightFax server and eliminates QoS and bandwidth requirements.
- New RightFax Web Administrative Tool – provides full administrative access via mobile devices and from any web browser for anywhere/anytime access to administrative control for RightFax. Closely replicates EFM functionality and provides the access point for new features for RightFax including RightFax Analytics and the new RightFax MFP connectors.
- Redesigned MFP Connectors – provides a simplified user experience by simulating sending a fax from a physical fax machine. The user interface experience has been simplified, requiring fewer steps to send a fax. The new connectors also provide the same user experience regardless of the MFP vendor, and facilitate a secure file/paper transfer between the device and RightFax server via HTTPS connection.
- Microsoft Exchange & Lotus Notes Connector
- PDF Module & Searchable PDF Module
- Shared Services Module
- RightFax Analytics
- Image High Availability
- Web Administrative Portal
- Remote DocTransport Appliance
- MFP Module
- Integration Module
- Business Integration
- RightFax Vault
- Document Management Connector
- SAP, Oracle, FileNet P8 Connector
- Bar Code Routing
- XML Generator
- Encryption Module
- Internet Connector
- Secure Docs
Each RightFax Server provides a comprehensive set of electronic fax and document delivery features and benefits that make it easy to use and manage for midsize companies, departments and work groups and includes:
- Includes 1 channel license
- Can be FoIP enabled
- 30 channels max. capacity for Business Server only.
- Network wide desktop faxing: Send & receive documents directly from desktop applications from built-in RightFax client or Web browsers.
- Email Integration: Send, receive and manage faxes directly from Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)-compliant email
- Library documents: Store frequently faxed documents in a special fax document library for quick, easy retrieval.
- Phonebooks: Store frequently used fax numbers and groups in a single location for easy retrieval.
- Immediate or scheduled delivery: Enhance service levels with instantaneous document delivery or reduce costs by scheduling delivery for off-peak telephone rates.
- Anywhere, Anytime Web Access: Increase productivity of mobile workers by providing remote fax access via the Web.
- Inbound Routing: Route inbound fax documents efficiently and securely to recipients via Direct Inward Dialing (DID), Dual-tone Multiple-frequency (DTMF), Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS), Caller Service Identification (CSID), Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and other supported inbound routing methods
RightFax Connect eliminates telephone lines, long distance charges, fax boards, fax gateways, fax channels and channel maintenance contracts, redundant telephone connections and other expenses related to connecting RightFax to a telephone infrastructure.
With over twenty points of presence across the globe, OpenText is able to efficiently and cost effectively route your fax traffic to optimize cost savings for outbound transactions. And because RightFax Connect is fast and easy to implement, eliminate the time it takes for IT to configure, troubleshoot and maintain the telephone integration with your fax server.
- Enterprise Servers Scalability: Accommodate growth to 4 servers per Shared Services collective and a total of 1024 channels per server, scale processes for redundancy and optimize throughput and rendering.
- Business Servers Scalability: Business Server is limited to 30 channels
- Automatic backup: Conduct automatic back ups without suspending fax server software operations to ensure maximum up time.
- Adjustable bandwidth: Adjust channels automatically to send, receive or both, during peak intervals to control fax traffic volumes.
- Custom notifications: Create fax status notifications to meet your tracking and audit trail requirements.
- Comprehensive fax usage reports: Monitor fax usage for cost recovery, billing or tracking purposes using built-in reporting tools or customize reports to meet unique requirements.
- Real-time fax status: Obtain real-time fax status to improve monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Fax archival: Record inbound and outbound faxes for audit trail and to support security and regulatory compliance.
- Certified on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012 (32x & 64x): Leverage unrivaled application reliability, continuity in the user interface experience and ease of installation and updating.
- Open database engine for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012: Leverage open database design.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 & Office365 Platforms: Extend Fax Server to support users of the latest Microsoft platforms.
- Robust synchronization with Active Directory: Simplify administration by keeping all critical data in one central location.
- Sophisticated Administrative Interfaces: Provide precise control over all fax server software functionality from the office or remotely via the Web.
- Intuitive setup & management tools: Quickly and easily create and manage groups, users, cover sheets, signatures, billing codes and more.
- Pager alerts: Enable faster response times and improve system management with specified RightFax event alerts.
OpenText has placed RightFax 10.6 on a “Sustaining Maintenance” status, effective November, 2018. Sustaining Maintenance is a support status that doesn’t participate in development activities, service releases or patches. Connectis will continue to support our customers, as long as you have a Connectis Support Plan.
- RightFax 16 EP2 – Supported until July, 2022
- RightFax 10.6 – Supported until November, 2018
- RightFax 10.5 – Supported until NOVEMBER 11, 2016
- RightFax 10.0 – Supported until July 17, 2015
- RightFax 9.4 – Supported until May 31, 2014
- RightFax 9.0 – Not Supported – End of life October 1, 2009
- RightFax 8.7 – Not Supported – End of life September 1, 2008
- RightFax 8.5 – Not Supported – End of life February 17, 2006
- RightFax 8.0 – Not Supported – End of life September 30, 2004
- In Canada & the US: for OpenText TeleForm & OpenText LiquidOffice Technical Support call the OpenText Response Centre at (800) 540-7292
- Support and download centre for new licenses and upgrades is https://knowledge.opentext.com/
- To obtain Technical Support for RightFax, RightFax Connect, Fax2Mail, Secure Mail or Secure MFT dial (800) 540-7292 or 519-888-9933. Hours: 08:30 – 20:00 EST Monday – Friday.
- RightFax Tech Support Knowledge Base Portal
- Your call or e-mail will be answered by a local CSR team member. The CSR team will log & track support requests, assigning a priority classification and then dispatching the support request to the appropriate support center.
- When opening a ticket, provide the Customer Service Representative with your:
- Company Name
- Product & Version
- SUID / Product ID / System Serial #
- Operating System
- Detail the issue, include applicable error messages & screen shots, etc.
- You’ll be given a ticket # to track your support request.
If you have a current Maintenance & Support Plan, you’re entitled to a free upgrade to the current version. Contact Connectis to learn how to download your upgrade.
- Vendors don’t provide onsite support.
- Vendor maintenance & support is required during year 1 of your initial purchase.
- Unlimited long distance phone support is provided to both clients directly and Connectis on behalf of the client when a vendor maintenance plan is purchased.
- Vendors will not provide support to Connectis on behalf of clients who’s contract has lapsed.
- Vendors provide new version upgrades, patches, point releases when requested during the maintenance period.
- Service times are dependent on the contract level of service purchased.
- Vendor services are limited to currently supported versions.
- Pricing fees vary and are based on quantity of products in use + level of service required.
Connectis Welcome Letter
Your support entitles you to unlimited technical support calls during the hours listed below and unlimited version upgrades and point releases during the contract.
The Knowledge Center is the official source for OpenText software downloads.
The Knowledge Center (KC) is the official source for OpenText software downloads. To determine which OpenText software you should download from the KC, please refer to the packing slip that was emailed to your invoicing contact. The packing slip contains a KC Download column which indicates if the software is available to download from the Knowledge Center. The letter Y indicates that the software is available to download from the Knowledge Center. The letter N indicates that the software is not available to download from the Knowledge Center and will be sent to you as a physical shipment.
A KC account has been created for you to access your software download(s). You will receive a separate email that contains details on your account and instructions on how to activate it. If you have not received this in an email from OpenText, it may be because it was caught by your junk email filter and moved to your junk email folder. If the email is not in your junk email folder, please contact OpenText Customer Support for assistance.
If you already have a Knowledge Center account, please use your current username and password.
- Download Location Go to https://knowledge.opentext.com/downloads to download software. You will need to enter your User ID (email address) and Password to login.
- **If you are having trouble logging into the Knowledge Center, click here https://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/contact-us to contact a support office nearest you.
- Locate your Product From the KC home page, click the A-Z Look Up tab. Click the corresponding letter for the software you want to download.
- Browse by product name to locate your product page on the KC. From the product page, click Downloads to view a list of downloads available for that product. If a Downloads folder does not exist, then your product may not be available to download.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for, refer to the KC Product Look Up https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll?func=ll&objId=16562172&objAction=browse table for the new product name. If you still can’t find your product, contact your local Customer Support office https://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/contact-us for assistance.
What to Expect on Download Pages When you click a download name in the Download Center, you will be directed to the page for that download. Downloads are organized by version, language and operating system.
- Downloading Software Some software downloads are ISO 9660 images or zip files. Please ensure that you remove any other file name extension that might get added by the browser such as *.bin. Downloading the file with the incorrect file extension will affect the functionality. Instructions for creating and verifying software images are available at the following URL: http://mimage.opentext.com/support/ecm/secure/software/checksuminstructions.html
To Download Software
- Click the Download link or select Downloads from the items function menu.
- A File Download dialogue box will open. Click the Save button.
- You will be prompted to select a location on your computer to save the download to. Select an appropriate location and click the Save button. When the file has finished downloading, you will see a second dialogue box letting you know that the download is complete. If you want to install the file immediately, click the Open button. This launches an installation wizard.
- If you do not want to install the file immediately, click the Close button. When you are ready to install the download file, double-click the file to launch the installation wizard. Note: When you save a download file, make sure the location is one you will remember later when you want to install the download. We suggest creating a special folder on your desktop to which you always save downloads.
To Create a Download Folder
- Right-click an unused area of your desktop.
- Point to New and then click Folder.
- Give the folder a name such as “My Downloads.”
Phone Support Monday - Friday
- Prior to calling, have your product version and serial number handy.
- For support call Open Text Support 800-540-7292 or email email@example.com
- Standard Support hours of operation are 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM EST Excluding holidays
- Clients have access to unlimited phone support and software upgrades during the term of the maintenance agreement.
If there are any supported components of your current RightFax environment (modules, channels, hardware, etc.) that you NO LONGER plan to use and/or support, you must ‘decommission’ those products at least 90 days before your contract expiration date. If these products are not decommissioned at least 90 days prior to your contract expiring, you will be charged for another full year of support on these products. Please contact us as soon as you wish to decommission products. We can assist you with the required paperwork and will submit your decommission request to OpenText.
It is critical that you renew your support contract on time. OpenText imposes a 3% late-penalty (of the total cost of your renewal) that begins the day after a Support Contract expires, and an additional 3% every 30 days a contract remains expired. Please renew your contract before it expires to avoid these costly penalties!
Electronic Support - Anytime
- To download software go to https://knowledge.opentext.com/downloads. You will need to enter using your User ID and password to login. Your new Knowledge Center user account will not be activated immediately. It takes approximately 2 hours from receipt of this notification for your account to become active. If you continue to experience problems logging in, please contact your local Customer Support office.
- You will need the System Unique ID (SUID) and product serial numbers below to activate your software. Please record the System Unique ID and serial numbers in case product reactivation is necessary at a later date. If you have questions regarding the activation of your Open Text Fax and Document Distribution Group product, please refer to the Product Activations FAQ at https://knowledge.opentext.com/go/16141285.
- If the product you ordered is not shipped as physical media (CD or DVD), please download the software from the OpenText Downloads Zone at https://knowledge.opentext.com/go/16142487 .
- Open Text Knowledge Base offers a growing collection of technical articles, tips, tricks, and code samples to help administrators and users learn more about Open Text software. Knowledge Base articles are written by Open Text Customer Support product specialists who work with our products daily to diagnose and troubleshoot problems encountered with the software. https://knowledge.opentext.com/articles
- The Knowledge Base is also where you can ask questions on-line and track your support incidents knowledge.opentext.com
- Customer Alerts – The Customer Alert service provides timely and accurate delivery of important information with respect to Open Text software. There are three types of Customer Alerts – Customer Advisories, Technical Alerts and Security Alerts. All customers are encouraged to subscribe to this service. Once you have subscribed to this service, a Customer Alert will be delivered straight to your inbox when Open Text Customer Support discovers an issue with our software. https://knowledge.opentext.com/alerts
- OpenText Developers Network (OTDN) – Do you have software developers that extend OpenText products using the Application Programming Interfaces (API), Software Development Kits (SDK), or Frameworks? Find API documentation, code examples, guidelines, best practices, and learn from Open Text developers and OTDN users. While primarily for developers, OTDN will be of interest to anyone wanting to discover how Open Text products can be extended. If you are logged into the Open Text Knowledge Center, click Communities from the navigation bar at the top of the Web page and then click Open Text Developer Network (OTDN). You can also access OTDN by visiting http://otdn.opentext.com and logging in with your Knowledge Center credentials.
- Champion Toolkit – OpenText is also creating a series of documents (white papers, reference guides, and discussion papers) to supplement the standard Open Text product documentation. This collection of resources is called the OpenText Champion Toolkit and is located on the Knowledge Center. The resources included in the Champion Toolkit cover a wide range of topics that would be of interest to administrators and business users. Moreover, the topics covered in the Champion Toolkit will span the family of OpenText Products, Services and Solutions. https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/Champion_Toolkit
- Online Communities – Do you have questions to do with using a product feature? Find usage tips, help files, and learn from OpenText staff and other users in one of their online Communities. While designed for end users, these communities will be of interest to anyone who works with OpenText products. A separate account is required to access Communities. Need an account? Complete the Self-Registration Wizard and your account information will be automatically e-mailed to you. https://communities.opentext.com/forums/ .
- Clients wishing to learn about available support plans can login and review them at https://www.opentext.com/support or review the details outlined in Support Handbook which was emailed to you when you ordered this service.