With TeleForm you can eliminate the time-consuming process of manually sorting and entering data. TeleForm enables you to automatically capture, classify, and extract data and images from paper and electronic documents using powerful recognition technologies to create accurate, process-ready content in real time. You can easily capture information from documents received via post, fax, email, internet, and mobile devices. Through advanced recognition and pattern-matching technologies, TeleForm understands all document types, structured and unstructured.
Once TeleForm has processed and captured all the key meta-data, the export process is where the system will generate usually a TIF image file to a defined folder. Once you’ve processed the files and the images are exported you’ll notice that the file naming convention doesn’t appear to have a meaningful pattern that would make sense to a person and you certainly won’t know what the document is by looking at the file name of the document. The only way to know what the file is by double clicking and opening the file, that could take forever in a production environment.
It would be beneficial to be able to both control the file name to be something meaningful and also convert any saved images of the form to a PDF file type. This article shows you how to do just that.
Follow these steps to control the file naming convention and produce a PDF file as an image output for your document management archive or Windows folder.
Steps to Define the Template Export:
- Open the TeleForm Template you’d like to control the export for
- Select Form | Auto Export Setup from the main menu
- Select New
- Select Main | Format drop down menu
- Select Capture to Directory (VB.Net)
- Click Save as button
- Capture to Directory setup windows popup
- Image Naming
- Select the check box
- Name images based on the field value
- Select the form field from drop down list
- Select File Export – next tab after Main tab
- Check – Export files check box
- Click on Browse and setup the location of export file
- In image file conversion group box, click on the format drop-down and select PDF
- Options Select Monochrome
- Fields – next tab to File Export
- Select all fields
- Select OK button
- Select Enable button check box
- File | Save – save the template
Now that you’ve defined the TeleForm template export functionality, you’re ready to .
Process Inbound Scanned Documents – here’s how:
- Using the Scan Station license, scan the paper documents you want to capture.(if you don’t know how to use Scan Station, we’ll cover that in another article later)
- The forms will be automatically processed in TeleForm Reader
- The image will likely be transferred to TeleForm Verifier, after any corrections that may be required are completed … the file will be released for Export as a PDF file with the selected file name based on the fields you’ve defined.